Tough • Proactive • Thorough • Confidential
- Employment Contracts
- Compensation Claims
- Severance Agreements
- Wrongful Discharge
- Non-compete Agreements
- Employment Torts
- ERISA: Benefit Denial
- Fraud Claims
- False Claims Acts Claims
- Business Transactions and Disputes
- Business Disputes
Mary Flanner advises clients in matters involving employee and employer relations. She assists clients in evaluating, negotiating and litigating, if needed, for cases involving severance agreements, non-competes and other employment related torts, restrictive covenants and employment contracts. She helps clients obtain compensation due for unpaid or underpaid wages, overtime, commissions, bonuses, benefits, deferred compensation and stock. She also represents individuals in claims under ERISA plans and employment contracts and represents clients in matters involving wrongful discharge, including retaliatory terminations, licensure proceedings and regulatory matters.
Her clients include a broad range of people, from workers earning minimum wage to highly paid professionals.
She also represents individuals in cases brought under the False Claims Act for fraudulent billings presented to the government and other fraud claims and whistleblower claims.
She resolves disputes with appropriate settlement mechanism through direct negotiation, arbitration and mediation to achieve desired goals. If settlement cannot be achieved, she presents the case through the appropriate administrative process or the courts.
She also advises business start-ups and represents small businesses on transactional matters, including collection, contract disputes and commercial litigation.
She also represents clients in the probate proceedings.
University of Wisconsin Law School, Madison, Wisconsin
Juris Doctor – 2016
Honors: Dean’s Academic Achievement Award (Dean’s list 4/6 semesters)
Honors: Pro Bono Society
Honors: Environmental Law Scholarship
Law Review: Wisconsin Law Review
University of Wisconsin-Madison
Bachelor of Arts – 2013
Major: History and Psychology
- University of Wisconsin Law School, Madison, Wisconsin
- J.D. - 1987
- Honors: cum laude
- University of Wisconsin, Madison, Wisconsin
- Honors: With Distinction
- Major: Anthropology
Classes & Seminars
- Co-Presenter, Issue Spotting and Avoiding Pitfalls on Wage & Hours Laws, Wisconsin State Bar, 2014 to 2014
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Wisconsin
- U.S. District Court Western District of Wisconsin
- U.S. Court of Appeals 7th Circuit
- U.S. Supreme Court
- Hannan & Associates, LLC
- Flanner, Stack, Fahl, & Bagley, LLP
- Denny & Yanisch Law Offices, LLC
- Baxter & O’Meara, S.C.
- Whyte Hirschboeck Dudek S.C., (Started with Frisch Dudek, Ltd., which merged with WHD)
- Reinhart, Boerner, Van Deuren, & Rieselbach, S.C.
- State Bar of Wisconsin, Health Law Section
- State Bar of Wisconsin, Labor & Employment Law Section
- State Bar of Wisconsin, Litigation Section
- State Bar of Wisconsin, Elder Law Section
- American Bar Association, Labor & Employment Section, Health Law Section
- Waukesha Bar Association, Litigation, Probate & Estate Planning
- Association for Women Lawyers
- Wisconsin Employment Lawyers Association