Ms. Flanner advises clients in matters involving employee and employer relations. She assists clients in evaluating, negotiating and litigating, if needed, severance agreements, non-competes and other employment related torts, restrictive covenants, and employment contracts. She helps clients obtain compensation due for unpaid or underpaid wages, overtime, commissions, bonuses, benefits, deferred compensation and stock. She also represents individuals in claims under ERISA plans and employment contracts and represents clients in matters involving wrongful discharge, including retaliatory terminations, licensure proceedings and regulatory matters.
Her clients include a broad range from workers earning minimum wage to highly paid professionals.
She also represents individuals in cases brought under the False Claims Act for fraudulent billings presented to the government and other fraud claims and whistleblower claims.
She resolves disputes with appropriate settlement mechanism through direct negotiation, arbitration, and mediation to achieve desired goals. If settlement cannot be achieved, she presents the case through the appropriate administrative process or the courts.
She also advises business start-ups and represents small businesses on transactional matters, including collection, contract disputes and commercial litigation.
She also represents clients in the probate proceedings.
Areas of Practice
- Employment Contracts
- Compensation Claims
- Severance Agreements
- Wrongful Discharge
- Non-compete Agreements
- Employment Torts
- ERISA: Benefit Denial
- Fraud Claims
- False Claims Acts Claims
- Business Transactions and Disputes
- Business Disputes
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Wisconsin
- U.S. District Court Western District of Wisconsin
- U.S. Court of Appeals 7th Circuit
- U.S. Supreme Court
- University of Wisconsin Law School, Madison, Wisconsin
- J.D. cum laude - 1987
- Law Review: Wisconsin Law Review, Articles Editor
- University of Wisconsin, Madison, Wisconsin
- Honors: With Distinction
- Major: Anthropology
- Co-Presenter on Issue Spotting and Avoiding Pitfalls on Wage & Hours Laws, Wisconsin State Bar, 2014
Professional Associations and Memberships
- State Bar of Wisconsin, Health Law Section
- State Bar of Wisconsin, Labor & Employment Law Section
- State Bar of Wisconsin, Litigation Section
- State Bar of Wisconsin, Elder Law Section
- American Bar Association, Labor & Employment Section, Health Law Section
- Waukesha Bar Association, Litigation, Probate & Estate Planning
- Association for Women Lawyers
- Wisconsin Employment Lawyers Association
Past Employment Positions
- Hannan & Associates, LLC
- Flanner, Stack, Fahl, & Bagley, LLP
- Denny & Yanisch Law Offices, LLC
- Baxter & O’Meara, S.C.
- Whyte Hirschboeck Dudek S.C., (Started with Frisch Dudek, Ltd., which merged with WHD)
- Reinhart, Boerner, Van Deuren, & Rieselbach, S.C.